Rain Storms In Harmony Pack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

~Elixer's Life Before the Pack~ PART TWO ADDED

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Elixir
Dominant Female/Admin
Elixir

Canis Lupus
Hour Glass: 3 years
Heart Keeper: Kohnan

~Elixer's Life Before the Pack~ PART TWO ADDED Empty
PostSubject: ~Elixer's Life Before the Pack~ PART TWO ADDED   ~Elixer's Life Before the Pack~ PART TWO ADDED EmptyFri May 13, 2011 12:56 am

~Part One~

I yelped as one of the older wolf's teeth cut my flesh. I scrambled, quickly, away from the wolf. I only fled a few yards away, wanting to hang around to clean up the scraps of the pack's kill. The other Omegas hung back, wary of being attacked should they come closer to the kill. A black male glanced at me.

"I thought you'd have learned by now, Elixer. Omegas have to stay back while the pack eats. " he said, shaking his head.

I snorted, sitting down beside him, "It's not fair."

"That's just the rules." the male responded.

"The rules are never fair to the Omegas, Knight." I said, irritably.

Knight chose not to respond to that. Knight was my brother. We were the only pups born in the last litter. Knight and I, at the age of 11 months, were both of different rank. Knight was currently in training to become a Warrior while I was doomed to be an Omega.

The rest of the pack slowly padded away from the kill. When they were a decent distance from the carcass, I, along with the other Omegas, approached the kill. Knight padded along beside me. Even though he was a Warrior, hence aloud to eat with the rest of the pack, he chose to accompany me in cleaning up the scraps. Nothing ever went to waste in the pack. The Omegas ensured every possible scrap was cleaned up. When they'd finished, none of the Omegas had a full stomach. They were all still hungry. Knight, when offered extra because of higher rank, had refused, saying that the Omegas needed it more.

~Part Two~

The next day began like any other day. The typical day included, growling stomachs, irritable tempers, and plenty of bickering among the pack. When I opened my eyes, I immediately wished I hadn't. It would be another day of the same old story. Nothing ever changed in the pack. It didn't seem worth while to even bother waking up in the mornings. Knight was already up, apparently. His sleeping spot, which was beside mine, was cold. I rested my head on my paws, ears back. 'He's probably gone off to train.' I thought. Today, I'd been hoping we could do something, well, fun. We never did anything fun. I'd hoped we could just be together for a while. Maybe, just maybe, we could have a day where things would be like they were when we were still young pups. I closed my eyes and remembered our first time out of the den. The world had seemed so big... the sunlight had been so bright it hurt our eyes. Then, we met the rest of the pack. It seemed so overwhelming then. All the wolves seemed so welcoming. Everything had been wonderful, then. None of the wolves had been anywhere near as cruel to the Omegas as they were now. Omegas had always been treated a bit lowly, but never this bad. 'I s'pose it's because it's winter. Less prey means short tempered packmates. Short tempered packmates means a living nightmare for the Omegas.' I opened my eyes, sadly. What was happening to the welcoming, joyful pack that I'd first met? Were these wolves all so different now?

Sometimes, I couldn't help but wonder if, perhaps, I'd been stolen as a pup and brought to a different pack. Mother had always said I'd had an overactive imagination. I guess what she said was truth. Even now, in probably the darkest time our pack had seen, I could picture us when spring came. We were all so happy. There were pups tumbling about, and getting under wolves paws. They'd tug on ears and tails, and make an overall nuisance of themselves. Then, I pictured the hunts. Plenty of caribou, deer, and elk to hunt. Where we lived, there was caribou. Oh, how wonderful they tasted! I saw the pack chasing after the caribou. The Omegas did their part just like everyone else. Then, when we'd finally caught a hard earned meal, we'd all eat together.

I opened my eyes, disappointed to see it was all a happy fantasy. I'd hoped, if just for a heartbeat, that that was the real thing. Perhaps this was all just a nightmare. A horrible nightmare that my imagination had conjured up. But no, this was real. The happiness had all been a fantasy. Our pack would never become the happy, healthy pack it once was. As I looked around, I saw that many of my packmates were terribly underfed. Their ribs stuck out sharply beneath their fur. Their eyes had a sunken in appearance. Many of the pack walked with their tails between their legs, and their head low. I wondered if any of them thought of what we had once been. Knight's voice jolted me from my thoughts.

"Elixer? Is everything alright?"

I gave him a slightly sad look, "Yes, everything is fine."

He sat down next to me, returning the look. My own feelings were reflected in his deep yellow eyes. They reflected as much pain as I felt deep in my heart. "You don't look fine." Knight said, quietly.

"I don't feel as fine as I should." I replied, solemnly.

"I don't think any wolf does." Knight paused to sigh heavily, "So much fighting, and disrespect for one another. Do... do you think it will ever change, Elixer?" His gaze drifted about, taking in the scene around us.

"I don't know." I said. "Anyway," I began, brightening, "think you could could pull yourself out of your pit of despair long enough for a little fun?"

Knight looked at me, mischief glittering in his eyes. "I think I could manage that. Anything particular in mind?"

"How 'bout... a race through the woods to The Flats?" I said, jumping up.

Knight couldn't hold back a chuckle, "You're on!"

"Ready, set, go!" I said, quickly, and raced off into the bushes.

"Hey! No fair!" Knight yelled after me.

I could hear his heavy pawsteps thundering along behind.

"You'll have to get a move on if you're going to beat me, brother!" I laughed. My long legs, lithe body, and admirable stamina made it easier for me to keep the swift pace. Knight was the exact contrast. His thicker legs, and stocky build made it harder for him to keep up. His heavy fur didn't make things any easier for him. He'd worked and worked til the breaking point on his stamina, but it would take more work than that to achieve his goal. He'd have to beat me before I would stop teasing him about his weight and inept stamina.

To be Continued...

Last edited by Elixer on Fri May 13, 2011 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Luna

Luna

Time Zone : Eastern Daylight Time

Canis Lupus
Hour Glass: 3 Years
Heart Keeper: None

PostSubject: Re: ~Elixer's Life Before the Pack~ PART TWO ADDED   ~Elixer's Life Before the Pack~ PART TWO ADDED EmptyFri May 13, 2011 12:05 pm

Winter has just read your story, and thought it was awesome! She will now wait for part two...
Back to top Go down
https://rainstormsinharmony.forumotion.com
Metea
Spy
Metea

Canis Lupus
Hour Glass: 2
Heart Keeper: None...... yet ;)

PostSubject: Re: ~Elixer's Life Before the Pack~ PART TWO ADDED   ~Elixer's Life Before the Pack~ PART TWO ADDED EmptyFri May 13, 2011 4:03 pm

I like it so far!!!
Back to top Go down
Elixir
Dominant Female/Admin
Elixir

Canis Lupus

PostSubject: Re: ~Elixer's Life Before the Pack~ PART TWO ADDED   ~Elixer's Life Before the Pack~ PART TWO ADDED EmptyFri May 13, 2011 9:16 pm

<3 Thanks, Winter and Metea! Glad you guys likes it!

(Directed at Winter)- Part two will be coming along shortly! Hopefully, later today, even!

EDIT-Part Two has now been adding for your enjoyment!
Back to top Go down
Luna

Luna

Time Zone : Eastern Daylight Time

Canis Lupus
Hour Glass: 3 Years
Heart Keeper: None

PostSubject: Re: ~Elixer's Life Before the Pack~ PART TWO ADDED   ~Elixer's Life Before the Pack~ PART TWO ADDED EmptySat May 14, 2011 6:07 pm

I love your stories! keep up the good work. ^_^
Back to top Go down
https://rainstormsinharmony.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: ~Elixer's Life Before the Pack~ PART TWO ADDED   ~Elixer's Life Before the Pack~ PART TWO ADDED EmptySat May 14, 2011 8:57 pm

Nice elix keep up the good work!
Back to top Go down
Metea
Spy
Metea

Canis Lupus
Hour Glass: 2
Heart Keeper: None...... yet ;)

PostSubject: Re: ~Elixer's Life Before the Pack~ PART TWO ADDED   ~Elixer's Life Before the Pack~ PART TWO ADDED EmptySat May 14, 2011 9:13 pm

Hehe, your welcome! Keep up the awesome work!
Back to top Go down
Elixir
Dominant Female/Admin
Elixir

Canis Lupus

PostSubject: Re: ~Elixer's Life Before the Pack~ PART TWO ADDED   ~Elixer's Life Before the Pack~ PART TWO ADDED EmptySat May 14, 2011 11:51 pm

D'awwww.... thanks guys! <3 I'll had more soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ~Elixer's Life Before the Pack~ PART TWO ADDED   ~Elixer's Life Before the Pack~ PART TWO ADDED Empty

Back to top Go down

~Elixer's Life Before the Pack~ PART TWO ADDED
Page 1 of 1